For Residents of the Canary and Balearic Islands:
How to obtain your resident discount when booking on iberiaexpress.com
Resident status can be indicated at two points during the booking process. Either, on the homepage, just before you begin your search by ticking the "Are you a resident and/or a Large family?" option, or, when selecting your flight on the Availability screen. At the top of this screen under discounts, you’ll see a small box indicating "Are you a resident and/or a Large family?" You must tick this box to confirm you are a resident.
Later in the booking process, on the Passenger Information screen, you’ll be asked to provide the information required to secure the resident discount (regarding your type of document and city/region of residence).
In order for the resident discount to be applied when booking through our website, all passengers travelling under the same booking reference must be entitled to the discount. They must all, therefore, be citizens of Spain, of another European Union member state, of a country belonging to the European Economic Area Agreement (Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) or of Switzerland; provide evidence that they are residents of the Balearic Islands, the Canary Islands and travel between their place of residency there and any destination within Spain). If any of the passengers travelling under the same booking reference are not residents of one of the aforementioned areas, they must make a separate booking.
In order to provide proof of residency, (for both Spanish citizens and EU/EEA or Swiss citizens), you must present a valid residency certificate, issued by the local authority where you have been registered as an inhabitant (following the format included in Royal Decree 1316/2001).
This certificate is valid for six months from the date of issue.
Specific documentation required or residents of these areas is as follows:
- Spanish citizens: A residency certificate issued by the corresponding local authority along with the passenger's national identity document (nb: the identity document alone is not sufficient to provide evidence of residency). Spanish citizens under 14 years who do not have a national identity document must only show the residency certificate issued by the corresponding local authority.
- EU/EEA or Swiss Citizens: The above certificate as well as a national ID card or current passport.
- Members of parliament: An official letter from the relevant parliamentary body (Congress of Deputies or Senate) stating the passenger’s full name, national identity document number and constituency.
Residents of Ceuta:
- For residents of Ceuta, the discount cannot be applied directly on www.iberiaexpress.com, you must complete your booking via our telephone bookings service.
- In order for the resident's discount to be applied, all passengers travelling under the same booking reference must be entitled to the discount. They must all, therefore, be citizens of Spain, of another European Union member state, of a country belonging to the European Economic Area Agreement (Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) or of Switzerland.
- You must also provide documentary evidence of residency in Ceuta. The discount may only be applied to flights departing from or arriving into the following airports: Malaga, Jerez or Seville, and to/from any other destination within Spain.
- In order to provide proof of residency, (for both Spanish citizens and EU/EEA or Swiss citizens), you must present a valid residency certificate, issued by the local authority where you have been registered as an inhabitant.
- The valid documentation to prove residence in non-peninsular territories (both for Spanish citizens and those of the European Economic Area and Switzerland), is the Residency Certificate issued by the Local Authority where the passenger is registered as a resident.
***Express fare tickets issued with a residency discount are entitled to a 50% discount on the first piece of checked luggage. This can be added at the time of booking or when checking-in online.
In accordance with Additional Provision 13 of General Budget Law 17/2012 of 2013, Spanish citizens, or citizens of other EU Member States, countries signed up to the European Economic Area Agreement or Switzerland, as well as their family members who are third country citizens and who hold valid residency or permanent residency rights, as well as any third-country citizens who are long-term residents, shall be entitled to discounts on regular air and maritime passenger transport services on an indefinite basis, providing they can present evidence of their status as residents in the Canary Islands, Balearic Islands or Ceuta.